Let me see if I have this straight.
- The Russians hacked into both the DNC and the RNC, did nothing with the RNC but used selected information gleaned from the DNC to attempt (and obviously succeed) in tilting the election towards Donald Trump
- The Obama Administration convened a meeting to fully disclose this frightening intelligence during which, REPUBLICAN Mitch McConnell downplayed the information, claiming that it was too political to disclose prior to the election;
- The FBI Director, James Comey, agreed that the intelligence regarding the Russian attempt to influence the U.S. election was not conclusive and full information should not be disclosed;
- The FBI Director, James Comey, did not disclose that the Russians were trying to tilt the election towards Donald Trump, but tilted the election towards Donald Trump significantly by disclosing — 11 days prior to the election — the existence of Anthony Weiner emails that had no bearing on Hillary Clinton or her candidacy for president and that, two days prior to the election, said “never mind.”
- “President-elect” Donald Trump announces that his choice for Secretary of State is a man who received the “Order of Friendship,” one of the highest honors a foreigner may be awarded from Russia.
Yet, there are no calls to postpone the vote of the Electoral College. Or the Inauguration. No calls to question the legitimacy of Trump’s “Victory.”