How important is your job to you? What would you do to keep it?
What would you be willing to sacrifice to keep it? Who would you be willing to sacrifice to keep your job?
Would you be willing to let innocent people die to protect your job?
Because that’s what happened today. Forty-six (46) Senators voted to protect their jobs instead of speaking for the people they represent. You see, the people those senators represent believe in stronger background checks for gun purchasers by roughly 90 percent.
These Senators think they protected their jobs when they voted for themselves and their jobs instead of protecting your children and mine, instead of protecting granny and students, teenagers in malls, folks who like movies, and anybody who might just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and who might die because some asshole didn’t have to go through a background check for that gun they fired.
These Senators, well they just today said “Fuck You” to the next bunch of victims.
Forty-six United States Senators will have blood on their hands the next time one of these random acts of gun violence happens. And of course there will be a next time.
Elections matter. Get these folks out of office. (Thanks for the list, Jueseppi)
- Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) – @SenAlexander
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) – @KellyAyotte
- Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) – @SenJohnBarrasso
- Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) – @MaxBaucus
- Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska) – @SenatorBegich
- Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) – @RoyBlunt
- Sen. John Boozman (R-Ark.) – @JohnBoozeman
- Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) – @SenatorBurr
- Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) – @SaxbyChambliss
- Sen. Dan Coats (R-Ind.) – @SenDanCoats
- Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) – @TomCoburn
- Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) – @SenThadCochran
- Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) – @SenBobCorker
- Sen. Jon Cornyn (R-Texas) – @JohnCornyn
- Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) – @MikeCrapo
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) – @SenTedCruz
- Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) – @SenatorEnzi
- Sen. Deb Fischer (R-Neb.) – @SenatorFischer
- Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) – @JeffFlake
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) – @GrahamBlog
- Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) – @ChuckGrassley
- Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) – @SenOrrinHatch
- Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) – @SenatorHeitkamp
- Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) – @SenDeanHeller
- Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.) – @SenJohnHoeven
- Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) – @jiminhofe
- Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) – @SenatorIsakson
- Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.) – @Mike_Johanns
- Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) – @SenRonJohnson
- Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) – @SenMikeLee
- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) – @McConnellPress
- Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) – @JerryMoran
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) – @lisamurkowski
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) – @SenRandPaul
- Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) – @robportman
- Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) – @SenMarkPryor
- Sen. Jim Risch (R-Idaho) – @SenatorRisch
- Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) – @SenPatRoberts
- Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) – @marcorubio
- Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) – @SenatorTimScott
- Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) – @SenatorSessions
- Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) – @SenShelbyPress
- Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) – @SenJohnThune
- Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) – @DavidVitter
- Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) – @SenatorWicker